Flatwound bass strings are more popular than they have been in years. Their sound harkens back to the timeless rock, funk, and R&B recordings that helped define the role of modern bass players. More and more of those players are looking to the flatwound sound for new inspiration that’s informed by a classic aesthetic. Dunlop Flatwound Bass Strings embody that sensibility. They provide a clear, solid fundamental and superior tonal versatility. Rolling off your bass’ tone knob takes you from a modern punchy and articulate sound to that classically deep, mellow thump flatwound strings are famous for. Each set is carefully designed for lower tension and consistent string to string tone and output. As with everything we make, we started from scratch and designed Dunlop Strings from the ground up to fit our vision of what a string should be. Each of our formulas is developed with on-the-road feedback from some of the greatest players in the world. At our headquarters in Benicia, California, we take a hands-on approach, running our machines at a slower pace and producing smaller batches, which allows us much more control at every step of the process. We also seal them in a protective bag for freshness and longevity. Every set of Dunlop Strings is the result of our obsession with details, which is ultimately an obsession with quality, consistency, and serving your needs as a player. Inside each pack of Dunlop Strings is more than 50 years of deep knowledge and experience gained from working with guitar players to further their playing experience. Made in the USA.
- Gauges: 45, 65, 85, 105 Bass - Steel - Long Scale - 4-String Set These flatwound bass strings provide a clear, solid fundamental and superior tonal versatility rolling off your bass’ tone knob takes you from a modern and articulate punch to the deep, mellow thump flats are famous for.
- Clear, solid fundamental
- Consistent string to string tone and output
- Superior tonal versatility
- Go from classic mellow thump to modern articulate punch with a flick of your tone control
- String Material Type: Stainless Steel
|Manufacturer Part Number