Peak is an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesiser with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The oscillators sound completely analogue by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. They can also become a linear FM source using either the analogue-sounding NCOs or digital wavetables – so are able to cross-modulate in an recursive loop. The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice – pre-filter, post-filter and global – in an analogue signal chain. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, delay and chorus effects are at one's disposal, and there is also an on-board arpeggiator. The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements and secondary ‘via’ assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. In addition, two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches. Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input, and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the Components software.
- Includes innovative new Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- Peak’s design consultant was none other than Chris Huggett, the man behind Bass Station, Supernova, OSCar and many more legendary synthsizers
- Build and refine new sounds from scratch with the modulation system, which puts the most frequently used assignments right at your fingertips in the main controls
- Connect your Peak to either a Mac or PC via USB and start playing with access to MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so you can connect your other MIDI gear
- Designed to unleash the power of the wavetable oscillators, the Wavetable Editor features drawing tools and a Live Edit mode, so you can draw your own oscillator shapes and preview them in real time
- For continuous inspiration, Sound Collective was created to help you find your new sound and keep music making all about the journey
|Manufacturer Part Number||AMS-PEAK|