ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Back in the mid-1980s, Sir George Martin commissioned console design legend Rupert Neve to build a series of new, ‘no compromise’ console modules for AIR studios. They were an enormous hit and formed the basis of the Focusrite Studio Console, widely regarded as the best-sounding analogue recording console of all time. Today, the descendants of those modules are used in leading studios around the world, and their sought-after Focusrite Heritage Sound lies behind hundreds of hit records. Today’s ISA Range from Focusrite puts the classic sound of Focusrite into your own studio or live performance. Featuring a rugged, portable all-metal enclosure, the ISA One combines the classic Focusrite microphone preamp with a flexible, independent DI channel and optional 192kHz precision A/D conversion. At the heart of the ISA range is the microphone preamplifier with its Lundahl input transformer – essentially the same circuit, based on the original ISA110, that has been used for 30 years in successive Focusrite designs. The input transformer imparts a special character to the sound that can’t be truly emulated in any other way: inseparable from the microphone itself, the transformer input stage is ideal for use with classic microphones. But this mic pre has a twist the original didn’t have, which makes it far more versatile: four carefully-selected impedances allow you to match microphone to input in different ways. Bring out the character of a classic mic or emphasise a special feature, or go for a totally transparent, modern sound – it’s up to you. Whether you’re an artist, engineer or producer, you’ll appreciate the versatility of the ISA One, with its front-panel DI input. The DI includes low/high impedance switching and an amplifier output, and its own feed to the optional A/D converter and separate rear-panel XLR output.
- ISA series transformer-based preamplifier Encased in a rugged and portable chassis, ISA One offers the classic Focusrite microphone preamplifier in a highly cost-effective and flexible package.
- Flexible, independent DI channel ISA One is ideal for both engineers and demanding performers alike, featuring independent gain control, an output for routing to an amp, an independent XLR output on the rear and routing to the optional A-D converter.
- Switchable impedance Choose one of four carefully selected input impedances, including the original ISA110 setting, to suit any microphone.
- Headphone output with volume control ISA One can feed either a sum of the two inputs to the headphones output, or an external stereo cue mix (such as a stereo feed from an interface) via two TRS jack inputs on the rear of the unit.
- Dedicated insert point Allows you to place extra processing between the preamplifier or DI and the optional converter, such as an EQ or compressor.
- Optional stereo 192kHz A-D converter You can choose to upgrade your unit with an optional digital card that delivers the best A-D performance in its class, with a dynamic range of 118dB.
|Manufacturer Part Number||AMS-ISA-ONE|